Ecommerce Live Chat Software: A Complete List
7 Minute Read
Ecommerce Live Chat software is typically an online customer service tool with live customer support and web analytics capabilities. Rather than slower forms of communication, such as email, live chat software allows your brand rapid communication with shoppers.
After a few years of integration, studies now suggest that 77% of customers will be reluctant to buy from your store if you don’t have live chat support. It has become an integral part of your customers experience, and for good reason. A report by ICMI shows that visitors who engage with your shop via live chat, are worth 4.5 times more than those that don’t.
This article will discuss the benefits of using live chat software for your ecommerce site. Providing a run through of your best available options, we will asses the best features on the market, and how you can integrate these into your ecommerce service. To start with, let’s run through the benefits…
Benefits of Live Chat
For live chat software, there are 3 main benefits:
Rapid communication is one of the most important reasons for installing a live chat software. It greatly reduces the time between the customers query and your support teams response. This urgency is important for retention. It proves that you have a vetted interest in your customers and reduces the chances of them shopping elsewhere.
A study taken by Ecommerce Nation showed that 79% of customers prefer to use live chat compared with any other form of customer service contact.
It’s also worth noting that live chat software allows you to install triggers. These can provide customers with answers to queries without the need of a team member present.
Ecommerce live chat software also allow you to collect valuable data about your customers’ behavior. This can help you make data-driven decisions about how you can improve your ecommerce store and encourage customers to check-out rather than abandon cart.
You can use the data to employ A/B testing techniques to further improve the shopping experience. You can alter the text, design or colour scheme of your site to gather a deeper indication about your customers preferences. Gathering feedback without actually asking for it, is very beneficial to your sites optimisation.
You should see a boost in conversions as a result of the tailored, personalised experience you can created for your buyer personas.
In simple terms, live chat software software brings shoppers back to your site. They provide your customers with an immediate service, give more insight into your brand values, and provide a far greater way to mop up any concerns a shopper may have.
You’ve hit the jackpot if you can increase your customer loyalty. Studies have shown that users who interact with live chat software end their customer journey far more satisfied, compared to those who use traditional means. Interestingly, the same study suggests that almost half of the customers who interacted with these tools were likely to make a final purchase.
Now that we’ve explored the benefits, let’s take a look at some of your options.
Live Chat Inc.
LiveChat is one of the best live chat solutions for ecommerce businesses. With advanced data analytics and goal tracking, businesses of all sizes can take advantage of this great software.
- Visitor analytic: Insight into your visitors’ data while chatting. How they found your store, most time spend on product pages.
- Sales and goals tracking: Set Live Chat-orientated goals; how conversations with customers influence their decision to purchase.
- Real-time message viewing: See what your customers are typing into the chat before they send the message. This gives you a chance to prepare answers and mop up queries quickly.
- Ticketing: Learn from your mistakes by saving cases and gaining a deeper understanding of your customers problems.
In it’s design, LiveChat is simplistic but does a good job. You can customise your live chat to meet the colour scheme of your brand’s page. With over 25,000 active users, it links easily to the likes of Shopify, Magento and BigCommerce. Starting at $19 per month, this is a pretty affordable option.
Bunting LiveChat is a new live chat tool, a little different from the rest of the options on this list. This piece of software provides a button consisting of three options:
- Agent chat allows your customer service team to chat with customers, clearing up queries, answering questions and dealing with issues.
- Shopcast allows influencers, affiliates or in-house experts to broadcast a live video stream directly from your site and product pages.
- FriendsChat enables your customers to invite their mates over to a chat box directly on your ecommerce site. Imagine Facebook Messenger but on your website.
In terms of pricing, Shopcast is currently free for full access use. This tool is taking live chat software to the next level, be sure to check it out.
Chatra is a simple ecommerce live chat solution, allowing you to talk with visitors online and offline. If your customers ask questions whilst you’re offline, it will be logged and answered when your are back on.
Along with analytics, some of the main features include:
- Screensharing: View how your customers are behaving on your site in real-time.
- Group chats: Require additional assistance? add another agent into the conversation for assistance.
- “Cart saver” with Shopify: Send automatic messages to visitors that have added items to their cart, prompting them to complete the order.
- Conversation history: Record the chat. If either of you get disconnected, your history will be saved.
Chatra is best suited for small to medium-sized ecommerce businesses, intergrated for platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce and Wix.
If you are on a budget, you’re in luck: Chatra has a free option that you can use forever without having to pay a penny. However, you won’t have access to the main features. Should you wish to invest in Chatra’s software, you are required to pay $19 a month per agent.
Pure Chat is a great live chat tool for those who don’t want a fussy set-up. With no chat limit, your team can leverage the power of live chat without having to worry about additional costs. One installation and you’re ready to go.
- Chat alerts
- Canned responses
- Pre-Chat Info Form
- SSL Security
- Email Form When Unavailable to Chat
- Customize Chat Widget with Images
- Visitor Information & Location Details
- Operator Availability Schedules
- Chat Notifications, Including Push to Mobile
- Show Your Twitter Feed
- Show Your Location
As it is free, it’s ideal for brands with smaller teams. Although, you can upgrade to Pro for access to all features.
For an all-in-one CRM solution, UserEngage should be near the top of your list for live chat and data analysis programs. It allows your team to fill out a short profile, matching your shoppers questions to the most suitable respondent.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Design your own unique chat box with a number of customised templates.
- Building customer profiles: Analyse customer behaviour with built-in analytics. Create reports, monitor your business progression and assign agents to contact visitors.
- Follow ups: Great for sending follow-up email campaigns, prompting visitors who have added products to their cart.
If you’re not on Shopify, this is a live chat tool to consider. It works well with the likes of BigCommerce, Squarespace and Magento. You can test it out for free for two weeks, after that it will set you back $79 per month.
Olark is another great ecommerce live chat software tool. It has simple, functional live chat features to help grow your business, perfect for smaller businesses and start-ups.
Some of the best features include:
- Frequent live chat metrics: Detailed live chat reports refresh in real time, so you’re always working with fresh data.
- Summary reports: Analyse chat contents, customer satisfaction levels and agent activity.
- Automation: Easy-to-configure live chat automation rules engage customers and speeds up your workflow.
- ‘PowerUps’: Specialised live chat features allows you to go the extra mile in sales, growth, and service.
Olark works with software such as Salesforce, Hubspot or MailChimp, but has created a plugin for all major platforms too. In terms of cost, Olark offers a 2-week trial period, setting you back $17 a month afterwards (per agent).
Cliq Chat is another very simple, yet effective live chat tool. With mobile capabilities, you will be able to access chat data on the move.
- Drag-and-drop file sharing: There is no need for email attachments. Simply drag-and-drop a file into the chat window and send it across.
- Emoji Integration: Make your conversations more exciting and fun with emojis. Increase the interaction rate and show your brand personality.
- Centralised Communication: Share ideas with your teammate over chat or call, screen sharing and task follow-up options.
- Talk in real-time: No back and forth emails.
Managed under Zoho, this live chat tool is best suited for those already using Zoho – they integrate very well together. Basic accounts start at $3 per user per month, but there is also scope to get free usage.
Zendesk is a great Live Chat tool option for ecommerce businesses (especially for those who love to stay organised). Everything is contained within an easy-to-use interface, with all conversations just a click away.
- Customisation: Chat Badges allow you to choose from different layouts and themes.
- Powerful metrics: Analyse your agents’ performance and outline any issues that could be improved.
- Visitor tracking: Observe your visitors activity and focus your efforts on the shoppers that need your help the most.
- Chat automation: Reach out to your customers so they know they have your guidance if it is needed.
Zendesk is great for brands with a small customer service team, it is easily manageable from a single app. Test it out for 30 days for free, then pay anywhere between $14 and $59 per month afterwards, depending on usage.
With a lot of live chat software available on the market, it’s best to find the one that best matched your ecommerce site. Most software will offer a free trial before committing to a payment, so explore the list above and find out what works best with your team and your shoppers.
In the next few years, it will be difficult to find a site that doesn’t use a live chat tool, so keep on top of the trends and check out the latest tools.
Make sure to check out Shopcast for free and get in touch with the team if you have anymore request.